MuggleNet: Half-Blood Prince Countdown

Monday, January 12, 2009

I can't win (or play the game fair)

Yesterday I took my daughter and two cousins sled riding. The day before we recieved 10+ inches of fresh powder on the ground, and they were anxious to get out there and play in it. We went to a small local park with a lake, dog paths, jogging trails, picnic tables and playground equipment, a very beautiful place. There is one section where there is a big hill where everyone sleds down and it was a bit crowded so we went to the other side, found our own lil hill and blazed our own trail. It was loads of laughs! The kids had fun and so did I. When my daughter and I got home, sat down to have dinner all my girl was doing was telling me not so flattering things about her littlest cousin. Which I found to be very unusual. And then finally, it came out. She says to me "Mom, you wern't cheering me on as much as you were my cousins."

7 comments:

Dale said...

Oh Cheryl!
Tell her that you get to cheer her on all the time and that you don't get as many chances to cheer on her cousins...

Happy New Year!

xx

Vallypee said...

Shame....just a bit of pique there Cheryl! Nothing to worry too much about..just a small nose put slightly out of joint...she thinks you are hers and therefore your attention should be focused on her alone ;-)

Lots of love dear xxx

Cheryl Ann said...

Thanks ladies, my girl is just a pip! i don't know what i'd do without her. we are all sick again.
do you ever feel like you just can't take anymore? An i should be thankful for what it is because it could be a whole lot worse. I guess i'm just tired and nothing is getting done because i'm either taking care of someone or it's me thats sick. it's also very
frustrating for me not to know why we are getting so sick so often, ya know,so i could fix it. I thought maybe were being CO2 poisened because of the sy,mptons. But that's not it. We got a new detector this AM and it shows no harmful levels. I need something to look forward to.
Hey, my girl is sleeping, maybe i should catch a couple winks b4... oh who knows what'll happen next.
Love to you xx
cher

Vallypee said...

That's not good news, Cher! Have you been having cold weather or are you one of the ones with a heat wave? Sometimes you need the cold to kill the bugs but then when it's cold you catch more bugs...no win is it? ;-(

Hoping you are feeling a wee bit better now dear heart.

Dale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dale said...

Keep smiling, Cheryl Ann.

And I send you all big Hugs to help keep you well and warm.

xxxxxxxxxxx !

Vallypee said...

Hi Cheryl Ann, just popping by to say hi, dear. Hope you are well and keeping your spirits up. Let me know how you are doing?