MuggleNet: Half-Blood Prince Countdown

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Spring has FINALLY sprung!


It was actually in the 80's (F) a week or so ago and it felt so good to be warm! We are back to normal temps for the season which still feels great!


I've been outside the last couple days - planting and getting "re-connected" ! Loads of stuff to update. Amy will have her tonsils taken out May 12th. I am NOT good with these things guys.
We've got swine flu running amuck. Our basketball team, the Cleveland Cavaliers, are in the playoffs and LeBron James just won the MVP award. Its all so very exciting! There are a few more people in our family having surgeries or procedures this month. Again, not good with this subject. My birthday is tomorrow, whoopee. Hubby has a big presentation tomorrow for work and has to stay overnight at the hotel to prepare! The cover is off the pool and the water is green, yuk! But in no time it will be sparkling blue and very inviting. Oh yea, we had a duck in the pool this morning.


Very Soprano's - Huh! (?) Ok, plant talk, I have a wisteria that i've been baby-ing for maybe 4 years now and it's doing great but i've not had any flowers yet. Whatda think, this year? Oh and i bought this tiny little twig for a dollar a couple years ago, it has gotten 4 x's it's original size and this year i've got flowers - it's a lilac bush! Hooray! My plan is to get the right side of the pool cleared up, i've got big plans, oh yes i do, and it'll be great!

5 comments:

Dale said...

Hi Cheryl Ann! Still waiting for spring here...
Your pool looks lovely (green yukky water aside) with the mallard duck making himself at home.
It looks positively summery where you live!
My thoughts are with you today as Amy has her tonsil surgery. Bobby had his appendix removed a year ago last March and Jenny had surgery to put pins in a broken leg last December. I know what you are going through. Big Hugs!

And Happy Birthday to You!

xoxo

Cheryl Marchese said...

Dale, thank you ever so much for the hugs and wishes!!!!
Amy is AMAZING! She is much braver than I. She asked me late last night if I was proud of her and I just busted into tears. I told her i am beyond proud and i feel inspired by her. There has to be a word that describes being beyond proud, i will find it.
You have been through quite a lot in the recent years Dale, my continued bestest wishes for you!

Vallypee said...

Oh dear Cheryl, I'm so late coming here, but last week was very hectic with my barge on the slipway and all the work that that involves, so I hardly did any blogging then. So sorry I missed your birthday, sweetheart. I hope it was wonderful, and let me know how Amy did with her tonsils. She's probably a bit sore now, but she's a brave girlie, and you're right to be proud of her. Your weather looks great. It's been great here too, I must say. I'm so happy to hear you so upbeat about things too, Cheryl. Lots of love, VallyP xxx

Cheryl Ann said...

Val, amy is doing great! You sure do have a lot going on for you right now. Kind of uneasy changes that i hope are more "easy" than "un".
loads o luv-

Vallypee said...

Thanks for the kind thoughts Cheryl. It is a bit uneasy right now, but I'm sure things will settle down in the end. If not, well, I can escape south....xxx